Saturday, September 22, 2012

Book Review: Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)Title: Insurgent (Divergent #2)
Author(s): Veronica Roth
Release Date: May 1, 2012
Publisher: Harper Teen
Page Number: 525
Format: Hardcover

Synopsis(Goodreads): One choice can transform you--or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable--and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.


My Review: After reading Divergent in May and being totally blown away, I couldn't wait to read Insurgent. I didn't know when I was going to get it, but I was so excited. I was so lucky when one of my friends lent me her copy so I could continue on with this trilogy.

Divergent left me wondering if the world would be explained in Insurgent, and when I heard reviews saying that it did, I was super excited. We would finally know what was outside the fence. I would be reading and keep getting closer and closer to the end, and I kept telling myself that it would all be explained. But it didn't and that was kind of disappointing.

Otherwise, Insurgent was absolutely fabulous. Most people said that it had "second book syndrome" but I didn't think it had that. It was action packed and even the parts that weren't action packed were interesting.

I think Tris is a great narrator and character. Yeah, she does do things before thinking, but she still is a fantastic character. And don't even get me started on Four/Tobias. He's still super awesome.

The ending killed me. You spend all that time waiting for the information that changes everything and then its reveled and the book ends it was frustrating but it also hooked me. Now I can't wait till next fall to get the next book!!

Rating: 5/5 worms
Everything about this book screamed 5 worms. The writing, the plot, the characters the ending, everything. I loved it and it was definetly one to check out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment