Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mini Review: An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

An Abundance of KatherinesTitle: An Abundance of Katherines
Author(s): John Green
Release Date: September 21, 2006
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Page Number: 228
Fomat: Paperback

Synopsis(Goodreads): When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton's type is girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact. On a road trip miles from home, this anagram-happy, washed up child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a bloodthirsty feral hog on his trail, and an overweight, Judge Judy-loving best friend riding shotgun–but no Katherines. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which he hopes will predict the future of any relationship, avenge Dumpees everywhere, and finally win him the girl.

My Review: I liked An Abundance of Katherines. Colin was an okay protagonist and the supporting characters were good too. Colin was full of sadness over losing Katherine 19 at the beginning of the book, but at the end he had let that go and he had realized that he needed to move on. All the main characters in this book had a lot of character development, especially Lindsey and Colin. I really liked how Lindsey's character grew as the book went on. The only issues I had with this book, was that I felt that the first 100 or so page dragged on for a while (but that might have been just the fact that I didn't have a lot of reading time, so I didn't read a lot at a time). But after those pages, and especially at the end, the plot picked up and it was fabulous. I also felt that the wonderful writing style John Green had in The Fault in Our Stars that made me laugh and cry wasn't there. But otherwise I did really enjoy An Abundance of Katherines.

Rating: 4/5 worms


No comments:

Post a Comment