Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Review: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

Review: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

   Important Info

   Title: The Fault In Our Stars
   Author: John Green
   Release Date: January 10, 2012
   Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
   Series: Stand-alone
   Pages: 318
   Format: Hardcover

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten. (Information from Barnes and Noble.com)



When I saw The Fault In Our Stars in my school library, I instantly started freaking out. I was so excited to read this book. I had heard great things about it so I instantly snatched it up, not knowing what this masterpiece had in store for me.
________________________________________________________________________________

Plot: This book had the most amazing plot of anything I have ever read in a long time. It is about Hazel, a girl who was diagnosed with cancer when she was 14. Everyone thought she was going to die but thought a experimental drug, she is given a few extra years. She has to go to a cancer support group. And one day, at that cancer support group, she meets Augustus Waters, and her world will never be the same.

Characters: Our main character is Hazel, and she is fantastic. She is so wonderful I don't have the words to say how wonderful she is. She is a teenager, but she has a very mature way of speaking that had me mystified. She was just absolutely wonderful in every way.

Writing Style: John Green did a fantastic job of creating Hazel and Augustus's world. He made me truly care about the characters. I felt their pain. He also painted a very good picture of how cancer patients are treated. This book was filled with so much emotion and it was so awesome.

Top Three Things About This Book: Everything!!!! This book was so awesome in every way that I can't get over it!!!

Rating: 5 worms, without a doubt in my mind!!! Everything about this book was so wonderful that I had to buy the book and read it again to fully understand how truly awesome it was! This book made me laugh and made me cry in a way that no other book has been able to do. It definitely deserves 5 worms.


                                 





No comments:

Post a Comment