Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cinder by Marissa Meyer


Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)Title: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1)
Author(s): Marissa Meyer
Release Date: January 3, 2012
Publisher: Feiwal and Friends
Page Number: 387
Format: Hardcover
 
Synopsis(Goodreads): Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
 
My Review: I haven't read that much sci-fi, but Cinder definetly takes the cake as my favorited sci-fi book yet! I can't believe I waited so long to read it!
 
The plot and idea of Cinder were so fabulous. I mean, a retelling of Cinderella in New Beijing during a plague running loose on the city? That's crazy enough, but then Marissa Meyer tells us our main character is a cyborg and everything just gets crazy. I liked how the world was clearly depicted and that it spent enough time on both the characters and the world to make this book great. Cinder never had a dull moment. It was packed with action and something was always happening. And even though it was a Cinderella retelling, the fairytale was just barely there and it wasn't overpowering the rest of the story. I loved it!
 
The charcters were also really, really awesome. Cinder is a really strong main character who's a cyborg. She is looked down upon because she's a cyborg, I think that's what makes her a great character. When her stepsister gets the plague she doesn't just let her go, and when her stepmother signs her up for plague research, she doesn't leave without a fight. That is one rocking awesome heroine! The rest of the characters were really well done too. Kai was definetly one of my favorites.
 
The writing style was really fabulous. I would sit down to read for five minutes and I would look at my clock and it would say I had been reading for an hour! The writing style was really captivating and it sucked you into the book and it wouldn't let you go untill you finished it. I kept reading in between classes, desperate to find out what happens next. Marissa Meyer, hurry up with the rest of the series please!
 
Rating: 5/5 worms
This book had everything, a great plot, some kick butt characters, and some flawless writing. If you haven't picked up Cinder yet, get it before Scarlett comes out next year!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment