Sunday, January 11, 2015

Discussion: The Shack by William Paul Young

Title: The Shack

Author: William Paul Young
Release Date: July 1, 2007
Publisher: Windblown Media
Source: Own 

Synopsis (Goodreads): Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation, and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his "Great Sadness," Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.

Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever.

In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant The Shack wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. You'll want everyone you know to read this book!

Discussion

Hey guys! So, I just finished reading The Shack, and I know what you're thinking. Lauren, isn't this a YA book blog? Well, yes it is. But, sometimes there are times when you want to branch out a bit and maybe touch on a subject that impacted you. This is one of those times. 

I initially picked up this book for the Popsugar Reading Challenge I'm participating in, to fulfill the challenge of reading your Mom's favorite book. My mom had been telling me how amazing this book is for about a year, and I was very intrigued. However, it wasn't something that I normally would read, so I kept putting it off. But, thanks to the wonder of reading challenges, I finally picked it up. 

Now, I don't really want to review this book. To review this book would take away all the beauty and messages that it has, and I don't want to do that. Instead, I wanted to just say that this book impacted me, and gave me a greater view on life and my faith. It has so many messages and themes in it, that it would be impossible to name them all without completely spoiling the book. I just wanted to say that I know everyone can find something for them in this book. I strongly recommend it. 

Rating: 5/5 worms
Just read it. You'll be glad that you did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment